Italia


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Tuscany » Florence
April 13th 2008
Published: April 24th 2008
Edit Blog Post

There isn't a whole lot I have to say about the trip because I think that the pictures speak for themselves.

My friend Hana and I flew into Pisa, Italy and stayed one night there. The next day we saw the leaning tower (yep... it's leaning), and then headed to the farm near Florence where we stayed the weekend. The farmhouse was built in the 1700's and the family living there has tried to restore it to that style. It unfortunately rained a lot, but we still made the most of it and got some sunshine here and there.

Sunday we headed back into Florence and Hana went back to Barcelona while I stayed and checked out Florence for one more day. It is a great little city with a lot of history to see. I didn't see the real David, but saw the fake one, and I think that was good enough. You can only look at so many large marble Roman men with small penises. It gets sort of boring after a while.




Additional photos below
Photos: 42, Displayed: 22


Advertisement

Stupid picture with tower #1Stupid picture with tower #1
Stupid picture with tower #1

We have a whole series of these pictures and I've only put a few on here because there really are about 20. Obviously we couldn't think of anything better to do once we got there.
Stupid picture with tower #3Stupid picture with tower #3
Stupid picture with tower #3

Hana wasn't so good at taking them.
Biking in LuccaBiking in Lucca
Biking in Lucca

We decided to stop at a little town on our way from Pisa to Florence and rent bikes. This is one of the walled cities and we rode around and around until it started raining.
Wine in FiglineWine in Figline
Wine in Figline

Figline was the name of the little town we stayed outside of. This is the guy we got wine from. No, this giant jug was not for us, we just got a bottle. You can fill up a bottle for aout 3 euro then bring it back empty to be filled again for only 2 euro.
Pasta buying in FiglinePasta buying in Figline
Pasta buying in Figline

We got a bunch of authentic food to cook for ourselves at the farm.
Wine jugsWine jugs
Wine jugs

They grow their own grapes and make their own wine at the farm. These are the empty jugs.
Orlando the donkey.Orlando the donkey.
Orlando the donkey.

We were sitting at the table one night and heard this really weird noise. We asked the lady what it was and she told us it was their new donkey. Shortly after this was taken he charged after Hana and we ran.


Tot: 0.176s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 11; qc: 49; dbt: 0.089s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb