The American Super Bowl in Florence in an Irish Pub


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Tuscany » Florence
February 3rd 2007
Published: February 7th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


The journey started in Alicante like usual and flew out of Valencia. We arrived in the Pisa airport and imidiately took a bus to Florence. We enjoyed a small corner store and met some new friends before we wondered the city looking for the famous Yellow Bar. Since we could not find it we simply retired in at Hotel Arianna.
The next day we went to Mass in Basilica di Santa Maria Novella, bought five euro sunglasses, and went to lunch at Gusto Leo before we walked to city. Of course once we left the delicous Gusto Leo we found the Yellow Bar about twenty yards away. We went to Galleria dell'Accademia or The Academy Gallery and saw Michelangelo's David. We walked the Fiume Arno (river), Piazza del Duomo, and Piazza della Signoria. Cattedrale di Santa Maria del Fiore was very impressive along with all the statues in Piazza della Singnoria. Next we went to the Galleria delgli Uffizi or Uffizi Gallery, which was a bit overrated. I enjoyed it, but I didn't find it as interesting nor as "wow".
That night was the super bowl Colts Vs Bears... We watched the game in a irish pub "Dublin Pub" ( Harp strong with Guiness is amazing). It was a late night since the game didn't start until midnight, tomorrow Sienna.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

Lunch at Gusto LeoLunch at Gusto Leo
Lunch at Gusto Leo

Not the Yellow Bar
Super Bowl night Super Bowl night
Super Bowl night

Me, Jose, and Sam


Tot: 0.079s; Tpl: 0.019s; cc: 8; qc: 26; dbt: 0.0533s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb