Florence, sunny and we have the place to ourselves...


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Tuscany » Florence
January 21st 2022
Published: April 1st 2022
Edit Blog Post

Here we are for our next romantic stop, I name Florence. We spent a last night in Venice...out of the bus from Cortina late afternoon, and next morning on the train to Florence. So last easy local dinner in Venice before our next stop.



The train ride is short of three hours and we were staying next to the train station for our last night in Venice. So here we are in sunny and much warmer Florence. Last time I took the train from Venice to Florence was back in 1996 and it took forever. Very different story this time, they even come around with some complimentary snacks....but no bubbles!



Our new crib is the super classy St Regis. Let's not comment too much on the super suite upgrade. We have the place to ourselves and this is another top stay for both of us! We actually put on the side some time just to enjoy our suite and the top service of the hotel. 6pm, there is the "sabrage" of some prosecco at the main bar. Well, thanks to the St Regis team, I was given the sword for my first experience. No picture of the sabrage as I only have a video that some of you have seen on another social media. That was truly fun!



We organized our own little aperitivo with a view in our room....as local produce are so amazing....it was just fun! Sorry, no pictures here of pizza, pasta, bubbles or caviar...we may just have forgotten about them! But fun it was. I will therefore give you the picture of that waffle at breakfast. No lunch was needed that day....and the bubbles started early too...well...not that early after all!



Ready for a fun comment...we bought our Duomo tickets in January 2020...and used them in January 2022....thanks to Covid.....but no we didn't lose them. Tanya was not that sure about the little hike to the top of the Duomo. But once on top of that, she was just in love with the place...for the second time for her...and for me....just some 27 years apart! The view hasn't changed....it's still amazing...but today we have a decent digital camera...no more click on a crappy little camera with a paper picture you'll get few weeks after your trip!



We spent a full morning at the Uffizi Gallery. It's never busy in January....but this January, they may have 30 to 50 people at once in the museum, and trust me, it's just magic! No rush, no groups around....just us...enjoying the place at the speed we want...gorgeous!



Next....one more little entry about Italy....for another special event...where the ticket was actually bought in November 2020...coming soon...but what a romantic and gorgeous trip! Imagine....I'm now a fully 70 days late on my blogging....more seriously solid is coming...in places you that do meet history in a way none of us would have expected back in 2021....but before this...I have to sort out the pictures of January of a year that started pretty well!



Stay safe and enjoy!


Additional photos below
Photos: 32, Displayed: 24


Advertisement



Tot: 0.04s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 12; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0204s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb