Florence and into Tuscany


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Tuscany » Florence
October 27th 2019
Published: November 4th 2019
Edit Blog Post

It is an hour and a half train ride into Florence, ITALY where the language spoken is Florentine. This city is where opera started in the 16th Century. It is also the birthplace of fashion, which you can still see exists today in the shops.

Ponte Vecchio allows for beautiful views. It is the only bridge that was not demolished during WWII. Being Sunday, the area is packed with people, most who are enjoying the delicious food available from many of the markets.

Wanting to see Siena, ITALY, it is back on the train for a short ride. The countryside is just like in the movies with rows of vineyards, cypress and stone pine trees, and medieval towns built on hill tops. On arriving in Siena, we purchase two bus tickets, get on a bus, and sit down. Two minutes later two ticket officers approach us and ask for our tickets. They then request I.D. Once given, they proceed to tell us we are being fined 90 euros because the tickets were not validated, and we need to pay now, credit or cash. We refuse to sign the ticket or pay the fine. We are no longer Thelma and Louise, we are Bonnie and Clyde.

Siena is a wonderful small city, without the hustle and bustle. Chris takes some photo’s of the Piazza del Campo and Duomo, before we start back to Florence.

Back in Florence we experience a restless night due to having vicious tiger mosquitoes in our hotel room. They leave welts on the skin, even on Chris, who never reacts. I will never forget the wonderful smell of fresh leather goods throughout the market stalls.


Additional photos below
Photos: 16, Displayed: 16


Advertisement



4th November 2019

ITALY
Just loving your blogs & pictures! Had a laughing fit when you said you you were now " Bonnie & Clyde"! I would love Italy too!

Tot: 0.321s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0552s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb