Chianti - Monday 16/9/19


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Tuscany » Bucine
September 16th 2019
Published: September 16th 2019
Edit Blog Post

Sunday was a rest day after the full day of travelling up to the villa on Saturday.

I spent it wandering around the villa, sitting by the pool and reading and having a spa in the spa house, which has beautiful views across the valley.



At 9am on Monday, Silvia from Tuscany Private Tours picked us up from our villa Bucine for a day trip through Chianto. Our first stop was in Greve, where we stopped in the market square and had a coffee and wander around. The black rooster is the symbol of the Chianti region and used to symbolise an accredited Chianti wine. Chianti has to be a minimum of 80% Sangiovese grapes and the other 20% can be any other mix of red wine. Chianti Classico has to be aged for 6 months whereas Chianti Reserva is aged for 2 years.

From Greve, we drove to Panzano, where we stopped at a scenic stop to enjoy the views. After this, we drove to Montefioralle where we also stopped.

Our first wine tasting (and lunch) was at the Brogioni Estate, where the owner Maurizio Bronzila took us on a tour. He has 6 acres, with half dedicated to wine production and half to (extra virgin) olive oil. www.brogionimaurizio.it We tasted 4 different wines with our lunch, which was a pasta cooked in red wine, pancetta, sage and pecorino. Following this was a platter of cold meats and fried potatoes, then a plate of sliced salami, pieces of bread with olive oil drizzled on them and finally for dessert, a mix of Greek yoghurt, cream and chocolate sauce.

Our next stop was the town of Radda, where we had a half an hour to wander around before going to our final destination, the Monterinaldi Estate www.monterinaldi.it

We did another winery tour here and wine tasting. Monterinaldi age their wines in cement vats as well as in French oak casks.

After a long day, we returned to our villa ready for a rest.


Additional photos below
Photos: 37, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



16th September 2019

Chianti - Monday 16/9/19
Enjoy your rest. Recharge your batteries. Tomorrow is another day.

Tot: 0.166s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 12; qc: 63; dbt: 0.0884s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb