SCHOOL


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Tuscany » Aulla
November 12th 2010
Published: November 16th 2010
Edit Blog Post

This content requires Flash
To view this content, JavaScript must be enabled, and you need the latest version of the Adobe Flash Player.
Download the free Flash Player now!
 Video Playlist:

1: SCHOOL 15 secs



SCHOOL TODAY

Well I can't believe it all David and I ever wanted was for the kids to go to school in Italy, and to learn more Italian then we could every teach them. Today it happened it was there orientation day today and it has made the trip seem worth it. We were all a bit scared and hesitant going in, but they were all so lovely and excited that these Australian children were coming to spend 12 months with them. There teacher explained to us that there was many European children in the school, but none from English speaking back grounds and none from so far away.
Siobhans teacher is Grazia and Isaacs is Patrizia, I imagined school teachers in Italy to be like the school buildings Ugly and angry looking but they were so opposite and the kids looked so happy.
Siobhans teacher is so looking forward to it because Siobhan is going to help with the English lessons, they all learn English.

They had all made Isaac and Siobhan welcome notes with their names on them. Siobhans class mates are Leonardo,Maria, Ellena,Mattia,Rachele,Matteo (Matthew in English) Francesco, Nicolo, Agnese,Simone,Giovanni,Giandomenico,Michael and Alessio.

Siobhan

and Isaac will go 3 days to start with 8am till 1pm. By the way they all say Sh-born and Isaacy.
We meet the Principal who we thanked very much for letting our children come to the school and what an experience it will be for them. She said no it was an experience for them and thank you for wanting them to come to her School.

Madison also starts on Monday she is very scared but cant wait; she will start in their English Class, Italian Class and also do music with them. Aulla has a very high standard of English that they teach one of the highest in Italy. Madi is a bit worried they may no more than her when she goes.
So that is my update for today we are all on a bit of a high about it, we were not sure if it would happen or if it could happen.



Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement



13th November 2010

I wnat to meet the teacher too!!!!!!
13th November 2010

Wow what a great esperience for them all!!!!! Great to see that the teachers realise what an asset it will be to have them at their school !!!!! Good luck to Maddy. They will love ya!!!
13th November 2010

Hey Siobhan & Isaac You can teach the English teacher a few things!!!!!! ( No swear words kiddies!!!!!!)
13th November 2010

school
Well done kids, we are so proud of you. Tell the kids in the class about about Lygon street and Underbelly!

Tot: 0.28s; Tpl: 0.022s; cc: 12; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0544s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb