Braies - (Northern Dolomites)


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Trentino Alto Adige » Dobbiaco
May 29th 2011
Published: May 30th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Lake MisurinaLake MisurinaLake Misurina

Lake Misurina near the 3 peaks of Cima
Most of the snow has melted but the higher tracks still cannot be walked. We took the track from the Hotel at Prato Piazzo in the Braies area to the Rifugio Vallandro at 2040m. Lindsay, Diego and myself headed off down the valley to the junction with the road at Carbonin and then onto Lake Landro where we met Piero who had come around the road by car. The scenery was truly spectacular today because of the clear skies and snowy tops. One has to be here to appreciate the majestic feel of the mountains. They are all around, have shear sides and soar up into jagged peaks. I’m sorry to admit it, but it would challenge Switzerland for breathtaking scenery (excepting New Zealand of course).
We drove to Lake Misurina and gained great views of the 3 peaks of Lavaredo and surrounding mountains. After a walk around the lake and yet another gelato we headed back to Braies and the hotel followed by a swim in the pool. Because of the poor internet signal, the phone and internet have to be done outside on the veranda. We can’t complain. It’s sunny and the view is to die for.
An interesting
The Tre Cime di LavaredoThe Tre Cime di LavaredoThe Tre Cime di Lavaredo

The 3 peaks of the Cime di Lavaredo in the Dolomites de Sesto
point. There are enough Refugios (mountain hotels) spaced out across the Dolomites to plan a walking trip for several days. Most are about 5 hours walking between so it negates having to carry food or sleeping gear.




Advertisement



Tot: 0.321s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 68; dbt: 0.1538s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb