Sicily


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Sicily
April 30th 2016
Published: April 30th 2016
Edit Blog Post

Hi all, sorry about short blog. Was using it as a test because kept getting message that I was not connected. So, here goes the fifth try, this time from the lobby.

We got here at 4:30 yesterday after a long two days of travel. Four hour flight to JFK, three hour layover, eight hour flight to Rome, five hour layover, one hour flight to Palmero, half hour wait for all the others to get there, half hour drive to hotel. Was going to take sleeping pill on Rome flight, but dinner did not come for about three hours and then it was too late to take sleeping pill. Did manage a few catnaps on Palermo flight. Our rooms are very nice, fronting on main road. More on that later. Had a short introductory walk of neighborhood, welcome meeting where we introduced ourselves, then a very nice dinner in a restaurant right behind the hotel. Buffet style and both Mary Ann and I found quite a lot we liked.

Went to bed by ten hoping for good nights sleep but around midnight there was a major traffic jam outside and drivers were laying on the horns. Meant disturbed sleep and then up again several times. Tonight I intend to get a very good night's sleep.



If this goes through quickly I am going back to room,I am in lobby to get notes fro m out trip today.

Advertisement



30th April 2016

safe and sound
Glad you're there. Hope you can sleep!
2nd May 2016

HI Lynn, Sounds likes I could not handle that lack of sleep,,,, I am such a big baby,, too old for that... I hope you get a good sleep and alot of good times..... YOu will make the best of it,,, I know you will.......... enjoy,,, chow

Tot: 0.211s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 8; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0775s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb