Palermo at the Marina


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Sicily » Palermo
September 14th 2019
Published: September 15th 2019
Edit Blog Post

9am walking start...through the Piazza Marina & onto the Marina area. Began to really heat up at 10am...29° daytime & 23° overnight...had to resort to the aircondioning a few times...which neither of us really like we prefer the open windows! A group of artists painting the boats & water scenery. We moved on round the waterfront & headed back inland through Porta Felice & caught the cute free bus..which takes you on the residential route mainly for locals but anyone can use it. Disembarked at Indepenzia & ventured through Porta Nuova to the gardens of Piazza dei Normanni. Wandered down Via Castro (where we stayed once before) & onto the Variety Ballaro markets.....this was all go! Saturday for the locals! Home for yummy lunch & cool down! The Cloisters outside our apartment were celebrating something...quite a few people with a glass of wine, some song & lots of clapping. Really neat feeling being apart/part of a private function from our little balconies.
Out later when the shady areas arrived we went down to the Catteradle from the rear this time. We did a real slow trip down Via Vittorio Emanuele...sat a few times watching the masses in the area....so entertaining!


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement



Tot: 0.063s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 10; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0426s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb