Etna!


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Sicily » Mount Etna
July 2nd 2010
Published: July 18th 2010
Edit Blog Post

We went on a small tour with 2 other people and our Guide - Ernesto. Sera loved bouncing around in the back of a Land Rover as we went along narrow rocky paths up Mount Etna. It was interesting to hear about the history of Etna and also how you can tell the age of the lava rock from its colour. Although reaching the top was good, the real highlight for all of us was going into a lava tube!

Sera also had a chance to feed a wild fox the remains of her lunch (pizza of course).

I was hoping to spend the afternoon on Isola bella, but as usual poor/lack of information prevented me from doing this. Instead we spent the evening high up on the cliffside of Taormina. We then caught the night train to Naples. We had proper sleeper cabins this time, but they weren't really much better than sleeping across the seats. Mad panic at the end of the journey: The train guard knocks on our cabin that we were sharing with 2 ladies and hands one of the ladies some tickets and says something in Italian. I look at the tickets and wonder if mine are there as well. Turns out they were all mine (why she didn't give them to me straight away I will never know). Worst of all we arrive in Naples and Sera is still fast asleep. Emergency packing and putting on of shoes etc. Sleepy Sera was a star - there was no way I could carry her at this moment and somehow we made it in one piece into the platform!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.25s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 12; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0395s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb