Palermo to Malta


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Sicily » Enna
September 16th 2019
Published: September 17th 2019
Edit Blog Post

A great start to the day we left our apartment at 6.45am...all is quiet in Palermo! Good seats on the train leaving 7.27am on our way to Catania via Enna set high in the hills of mid Sicily. An absolutely amazing train ride through Sicily. Very hazy early morning. We were in the first carriage & were entertained by the 3 staff in the drivers compartment up front....a constant banter & the toot & hurrahs to the friends passed along the way. Everyone knows everyone so there was alot of it!! To hear the laughter & the exchange at beyond normal decibel range of most we appreciated they enjoy their life/job!
The countryside looking very dry now at the end of their summer. Most crops have been turned over getting ready for the next. Burning of the land i presume to clean it so they can replant the same crop again.
We arrived in Catania with enough time to grab a bite to eat & find the Alibus to the airport. €4 each 20 min ride. Through the customs check to wait a couple of hours to board. Once again booked sitting apart seats. Cannot believe we were half an hour early on a 55min flight! No waiting on the runway either end & didn't have to sit in the holding pattern prior to landing? Good for us straight through customs to the TD2 bus an hour to Balluta Bay. 1 min inland to our apartment 5th floor. Dinner was late by the time we settled in. A great but long day! Walk,train,bus,plane,bus,walk ?


Additional photos below
Photos: 20, Displayed: 20


Advertisement



Tot: 0.094s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 33; dbt: 0.0278s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb