Time in Perspective


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Sicily » Agrigento
October 17th 2014
Published: October 26th 2015
Edit Blog Post

It's hard to believe but all that was required was to leave Siracusa the same way we came in, stay on 115 and then turn right just at Agrigento and we would be there. Somehow, somehow we made a wrong turn. Mind you we did see some interesting countryside and thank goodness no narrow streets but we managed to add 25 minutes to our arrival time. No stops. Now hungry we just left our suitcases after checking in and headed off to the beach area at San Leone where we had a very good fish lunch and of course we were the last ones eating and they were closing the restaurant around us as we finished. Back to the hotel for a nap for 3 out of 4 people while I did the blog (had the same drink just now but will not post this blog until after we reach Trapani). We ate dinner here at the restaurant and it overlooks the Valley of the Temples which are lit at night and make a beautiful backdrop.

Today we walked all through the Valley of the Temples. We picked up a young English guide who originates from New Jersey but moved back to Sicily when she was 19. She added all kinds of info and it was a nice way to be guided through the Valley. Saw a few tour groups from some cruises and bus trips and felt quite smug with our guide and the ability to take pictures without waiting for 50 people to get out of the way.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.306s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.1287s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb