Day 3 - The one up the cable car.


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Piedmont » Stresa
July 30th 2019
Published: July 30th 2019
Edit Blog Post

After a substantial breakfast, although finding decaf coffee was a challenge, we headed to find the cable car to get us up to Mottarone. Leaving the hotel and finding our way along the coast to the base of the cable car, we did go further around then we needed to but signage was not prolific. The queue was already quite substantial by 9:30am when the first cable car began its ascent - we followed cyclists as well as people ready to throw themselves off the mountain with only one other person and a parachute.

The first car took us to Alpina and then the second car took us up to Mottarone. The scene from James Bond fighting Jaws (silver teeth man not big fish) came to mind but thankfully not for long. At the summit we had the chance to go higher a chairlift. The views were spectacular and worth the trip.

On our way down, we stopped at the church of Madonna della Nevo, a small church with some interesting art work.

Once back to base, we headed into the town for an Aperol Spritz, we were also treated so some nibbles on the house. Always welcome.

After spending some time by the pool, enjoying a good book - we got ready for dinner to enjoy another pizza at the Osteria del amici.

What will tomorrow bring as our final day in Stresa.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.077s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0428s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb