Ancona and off to sea!


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Marche » Ancona
June 8th 2009
Published: June 8th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Where is the bike?Where is the bike?Where is the bike?

the bike is in Ancona
So far everything has worked to plan which means that Monday evening we are sat on a ferry from Ancona to Greece. Looking back we have been amazingly lucky with the weather, we missed the storms in Northern Italy, saw some in the distance, and caught a torrent of rain when sat in a bar in Pontremoli. So all in all, a few spots of rain and some nasty spray in the UK, and a few spots on the last leg yesterday, south from Bologna to Cattolica.

Today the short hop from Cattolica to Ancona was uneventful, beyond anything one might encounter on an Italian highway. I think Italian car drivers think everything on two wheels requires no more space than a Vespa carving through the traffic of Milan. (Hilary says that the Italians do not believe that motorcycles are space-occupying objects).

Ancona was not quite to plan. I knew where t get a ticket, how the port works, did it last year. Wrong. They had moved the ticket officers and terminal buildings. This resulted in a bit of walking and riding back and forth, but it all got sorted with loads of times to spare. he new layout is quite logical but they have not got the signage right yet. We sat in the shadeless heat waiting for it to b tie to get on the boat and then we got on the boat, had a shower, changed and washed some clothes in time to get up on deck to watch the boat leave port.

Advertisement



9th June 2009

wow
that is a sleek ferry!!!! looks pretty fast also!

Tot: 0.109s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 13; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0695s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb