A Quiet Day in Bellano


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Lombardy
June 24th 2017
Published: June 29th 2017
Edit Blog Post

When we arrived at our current location we told our hostess we have come to rest and relax. Today we intend to do just that. We hope to relax because at 9:35 am Italy time the All Blacks have their 1st test against the British and Irish Lions rugby team. We have to read a commentary via the Stuff website.

As the test match is being played out on a wet miserable winter’s night in New Zealand we are relaxing in the air conditioned apartment away from the 35 degree heat outside. We have the washing machine doing its chores, a late breakfast being consumed. Oh those blueberries are delicious. And we think about the rest of the day.

By late morning we know we can really relax. The All Blacks have won, the washing is done, some is now dry and packed away, and time for an Italian coffee. We can see a need for a coffee machine back home. Just as well we have some luggage kilos to play with. We complete some blogs that have been stockpiled and we have some onward bookings to make. We are getting super fussy. Our accommodation must have on site
BellanoBellanoBellano

One of many homes that hide behind high walls along Lake Como.
parking, free wifi, and air conditioning. When we made some bookings back in November 2016 we forgot about the heat in northern Italy.

By mid afternoon we emerge from our apartment and meet our neighbours who arrived from Milan the day before. Their children have spent the afternoon with some local children in full conversation in the courtyard of the hamlet. The sound of their voices reverberates around the buildings. They obviously have a lot to talk about because it seems to go on for hours.

We found a local supermarket in Bellano. It is called Euro Spin. We have seen the sign many times but thought it was a lottery outlet. We decide to try it out. But first the daily gelato.

Dinner tonight is paella and salad, preceded by nuts and nibbles, followed by fresh fruit dessert of oranges and peaches. This is accompanied by a lovely sparkling white wine our hostess left us. What a great final night. To round off the evening Team NZ are 4-1 in the America’s Cup Final. We’ll be sad to leave tomorrow but we have said this a few times on this trip. The good thing is we will have many wonderful memories.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.406s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 10; qc: 54; dbt: 0.1833s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb