My Driving-Vacation to Lake Como, Italy - Part 2


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Lombardy
September 28th 2009
Published: September 28th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Driving to Lake Como was a joyful driving in its own class. Earlier, from the top of the mountain, I looked down this steep and lush brow and there lied hairpins that snaked towards Lake Como. Not only the hairpins got me excited, but also the zigzags between the hairpins that were shaped by the contours of the mountain.

Disembarking at Bellagio, I quickly find a parking spot. At 9 am, the restaurant hostesses, waiters, and waitresses are setting up outdoor tables and chairs on Italian gardens, terraces and promenades. The morning sun is finally able to break through the thinning clouds. At the top of the mountains, fresh snows deposited last night give the bright white auras. Colorful flower beds and hanged flower pots are everywhere adorning stores, hotels, and restaurants.

The city cobblestone roads add the already historical ambiance of the Italian architectures. Almost all structures here have the privilege to witness humanity since the Roman’s time. Were they able to talk to me, I would be having a time travel journey on top of my driving vacation. It would be like listening to bed time stories from my grandparent the other twenty eight grandparents before them.

Bellagio, like many towns in this region, is built on uneven land. The narrow small streets and alleys go up and down in so many directions. Strolling through this labyrinth and not worrying about getting lost is the best way to discover the magic hidden in many nooks and crannies. Craft stores, fancy boutiques, restaurants, hotels, and bakeries provide all kind of the enjoyment of living. An old grandma sitting outside a store greeting passerby is not only a postcard moment but a day-to-day occurrence here in this town.

The pace of live here is at snail pace. Why would it be otherwise? The serene atmosphere induces peaceful minds. People in this town radiate contentment. There is no other place to go to because this is the place to be...@driving-vacation

More pictures...





Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.292s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0651s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb