Day 24


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Lombardy » Milan
June 11th 2015
Published: June 11th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Easy day today in between two day tours.

Not really wanting to do the Duomo church, Michelle talks me around.

Each church has been magnificent in their own way and the Duomo did hold a few surprises.

It seemed less of a church and more for the tourists as this has been the first church allowing photos inside.

It also has its own App which I find amusing.

Upon entering there is no denying these structures are amazing, with the marble columns, lead lighting, statues and high ceilings all from another time.

We lit a candle for mum, as we have done in all the churches, as we think of her everyday.

Downstairs there is a room with above ground crypts, blocked off for viewing only.

In 1961 they also did an archaeologist dig underneath and have opened that area up for tourists.

Bit creepy seeing the tombs they had opened up and pictures of the skeletons.

Next it was up the lift to the rooftop.

They let you walk all over the roof and you can see the detail in each spire.

For some reason, they have put some modern art on the roof ? Not sure what they are trying to achieve here?

As previously mentioned there is a lot of Reno work and we think it will be never ending, due the the intricate detail and the size of the structure,

Next it was off to the museum next door, which was full of statues and artefacts from the past centuries. This was pretty boring, so we didn't take too long to skip through it.

Then we strolled around the streets for a couple of hours, finding a needle and thread monument placed to highlight Milan as the fashion capital.

Also came across a really cool chocolate place and if we could get it home, would have bought half the shop. I took a pic of the chocolate keyboard, ideal gift for a few people.

Back home to our local resturant for tea and relatively early night.


Additional photos below
Photos: 18, Displayed: 18


Advertisement



11th June 2015

Confession
Well your right there you would of wasted the rest of your trip if you had to confess a bit more than 2 our fathers and three Hail Marys one would think ??????

Tot: 0.118s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0528s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb