Make your Milan Trip exciting with these tips!


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Lombardy » Milan
September 22nd 2014
Published: September 22nd 2014
Edit Blog Post

Fashion capital, home to the newest of the new designs, the walk of fame for designers and models, the city with the best dressed people, a chic shopping terminal and an ultimate tourist destinations, the love for this Italian city never ends; and why would it! Milan has everything- from stylish clothes to great food, stunning monuments to classic operas, Arts and sports for the likes of it.

While there are so many activities to keep you eventful on your trip to Milan, a little guide to make your Milan trip more exciting wouldn’t harm!

There are two Major Milan airports that cater the need of getting here from all over the world. The Malpensa airport is the main international airport which has two terminals. The terminal one serves flights to Milan from international as well as intercontinental airlines. Terminal two is used by budget airlines that serve cheap flights to Milan and is popular among the tourists. For saving on your budget, you can choose among the cheap flights!

The Milan train stations have a great connectivity not only between the airports but also in the city. For an efficient as well as pocket friendly transportation, opt for trains. You can also get in Milan via the express trains from major Italian cities like Naples, Rome and Venice and European cities like Barcelona and Munich.
Once you’ve touched down Milan, Every travel guide in the world will tell you about the places that you must visit. There will be museums and churches and historic palazzos and iconic streets that tell a tale of past. There’s an unturned side of this Italian city though, which is why you should be visiting Milan on your next vacation! Following are some exhilarating things to do in Milan:

Shopping:

No prices for guessing this! If you like having a big dent in your pocket then you can gladly grab the stuff from the Armani, Chanel, Missoni, Prada and Versace boutiques on the Rectangle of gold. But this isn’t all! If you are a modest spender, you should visit the Buenos Aires Avenue- the longest shopping street in Europe. This will be a budget deal and you can shop till you drop. Milan is also great for buying striking furniture, antiques, jewelry and books. The flea market is a great way for budget shopping!


Eat, Pray to Eat and Love Eating:

The traditional Italian meal on the plate with unbelievable taste that will raise your expectations whenever you visit a pizzeria back home, Milan is one of the finest places to savor Panettone Christmas cake, salami or risotto alla Milanese. An insider tip is to have them where locals have. Avoid the touristy restaurants around Duomo. Milan also has great Cafes, trattorias, enoteche (wine bars) and a sparkling wine by your table will make it a meal to remember! If in hurry, you can simply grab a sandwich with a 100 ingredients, mozzarella folded with fresh tomatoes and Italian seasonings!

Get a spa treatment:

Who doesn’t like being pampered! If all that traveling and shopping and eating has made you weary, rejuvenate your mind and body with Saunas, steam baths and open-air pools at Milan. A gold-mosaic swimming pool and treatments offered from international hairstylists: experience tranquility in style!

Experience Venice in Milan:

Plan for only one city and get the experience of another as a bonus. Though not as grand as Venice, Milan is also a city of canals and you can aboard a cruise to sink in the Venice feeling. The canal stretches almost along the city and hence, when on the cruise, you can riverside shopping, nightclubs and even vintage bookstores! A two-in-one experience for sure!

Become a football fan:

With two rival clubs always in a jiffy to defeat each other, the San Siro stadium is an 85000-seater pilgrimage for football fans! You can cheer your heart out and scream in the top of your voice for AC Milan or FC Internazionale; either ways, you will become an instant football fan if you aren’t one already!

Milan is a city full of possibilities! Shop, eat and celebrate Milan and you will never feel like going home! Plan your trip on the lines of amazing itineraries with trip planner and look forward for an incredible experience!


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.099s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0417s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb