From Bled via Vicenza to Milan Italy


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Lombardy » Milan
August 2nd 2014
Published: August 3rd 2014
Edit Blog Post

We left Slovenia and the lovely place Bled, drove through tiny roads, you really cannot call them that, they are just one car wide, over mountain passes, that lucky enough were without snow although we did see snow on the Alps. The scenery again was like a nature movie. We had coffee at a mountain village where men sat around a table drinking wine and eating snacks. No English. We asked where are the women. Roaring laughter and one older man said there are home cooking. Than Liz said Oh all Muslims. Oh Boy you should have seen their faces. Big smiles. The weather went bad again, but we are in the car and keep going. Hotel Viest in Vicenza was away from everything, so we showered and early to bed. It was just a stop over. Milan is hosting the world Expo 15. So a lot of roadwork's are done. We try to travel country roads more interesting. But in this little village the road was broken up and we were directed to a brand new toll road. We went of at the first opportunity and had to pay 3.10 Euro. We put the coins in the basket than a voice came in Italian. The boom gate did not open. We pushed the help button but again an Italian voice. A man behind us came to help, in the end a printed message came out and the boom gate opened. After checking the paper it said we payed 10 cets short. The note with our car number on it said we had to pay the 10 cents by whatever means, or get continued fines. To shorten the story an officer at the Milano tourist office filled out forms. Than we sat at the Post office 30 minutes waiting for our turn payed the 10 cents plus 1.20 euro. All officers that helped us said they were ashamed that this was happening. The machine involved in this toll way was brand new. e now will spend a few days in Milano.


Additional photos below
Photos: 20, Displayed: 20


Advertisement



Tot: 0.066s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0459s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb