Milano - day one


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Lombardy » Milan
October 3rd 2013
Published: October 3rd 2013
Edit Blog Post

Workers in Front of the DuomoWorkers in Front of the DuomoWorkers in Front of the Duomo

They were changing the light bulbs and putting clean globes on as well.
What a day! It was chilly today so we did inside stuff - the duomo and an art museum nearby with famous artists and not-so famous ones that we want to know more about. I'd seen a lot of the paintings on my previous trip with Sally, but there was a lot I missed.

We caught a tram back to the hostel, took a nap, and then went window shopping as we wove our way to the Brera district, a center for arts and restaurants. We ate outside under a heater. Our waiter is saving his money to start a restaurant of his own in Jacksonville, FL, where he has relatives. America is still the land of opportunity.

Tomorrow, we're hoping for a bit warmer weather so we can walk along the old canals that were used to transport the building supplies for the duomo. We did the tram today, so tomorrow we're going to try our luck with the metro (subway).


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

The Duomo from atop the Art MuseumThe Duomo from atop the Art Museum
The Duomo from atop the Art Museum

It was a bit spendy to eat up here, but we both agreed it was a once in a life time thing.
Bike Ride for Breast CancerBike Ride for Breast Cancer
Bike Ride for Breast Cancer

This was Esté Lauder employees doing an awareness ride. They were also offering free screenings.
DHLDHL
DHL

These folks all had on DHL shirts. Not sure what their cause was, but they were prepared for rain, which didn't happen.


Tot: 0.119s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0521s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb