Round-trip to Milan for 18 Euro


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Lombardy » Milan
June 12th 2008
Published: October 26th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Mannheim-Milan


18 Euros is about 24 dollars at the current exchange rate, so when I saw a round-trip flight from Frankfurt Hahn to Milan Bergamo for 18.01 Euros (the flight itself was a penny...seriously! We were charged 10 Euros for check-in at the airport and 8 Euros credit card fee) I called my friend Hillary and asked if she wanted to go to Italy for free (because it pretty much was lol). Italy for Hillary is like me and Scotland so she was all for it. We flew into Bergamo late Thursday evening and took the bus into Milan. It was pouring rain and even though our hotel was right near the train station where the bus dropped us off, we were on the wrong side of the train station and it took us a little while to find our hotel. It wasn't anything fancy but the price was right, we got free breakfast and it was right near the train station.

Friday morning we ate breakfast and stored our bags at the hotel while we explored Milan for the day. We had cappuccino (it never tastes good anywhere else but Italy) and went to the Duomo, a huge beautiful cathedral. We took pictures of the outside and then went inside to look around. Hillary even lit a candle for her grandmother so we sat for a little while before moving on. We also went clothes shopping 😊 Okay, that sounds WAY cooler than it actually was. We only went to H&M, which they have all over Europe, but now we can say we bought clothes in Milan!

Later that day we caught the train to Venice. Yes, I know that I've already been to Venice twice but it's really one of my favorite places and there really isn't much to do in Venice. Hillary had already been there a few times too but she didn't mind. Like I said, she just loves Italy!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.173s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 9; qc: 60; dbt: 0.0758s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb