Livigno lakes by mountain bike


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Lombardy » Livigno
October 30th 2019
Published: October 30th 2019
Edit Blog Post





Welcome to Livigno , the mountain bike paradise! You can have many experiences and mix of sports among paths, glaciers, nature parks and a wonderful hospitality.

Did you know that athletes often come to Livigno to undergo the preparation period before a race? Yes, because Livigno and its mountains are one of the few places in the world where you can do a specific training at high altitude, almost in every season. If you are planning to travel here, look for a hotel in the centre of Livigno, you will find the best offers all year round.




MOUNTAIN BIKE



If you love mountain biking , then Livigno is a paradise for training and having fun in all four seasons: just search a little and you will find many agencies and local guides who will take you on day and night bike tours, even on the snow slopes of Livigno, with winter tyres! You can choose to use the lifts to go up and down and then enjoy the descent yourself.







For all those who love cycling, Livigno offers routes with all levels of difficulty and suitable for many sports: from the simplest to the most technical or dedicated to the training of sports agonists. There are some mountain bike routes that have literally entered the history of Livigno. You can use the Mottolino cable car and go up to the top, then you can continue on many paths and trails.







If you are looking for a nice round trip for everyone, a circular return trip from Livigno, to do in a day and with a medium difficulty, take your bike and head towards the road Livigno - Alpisella - Cancano - Val Trela.

This is a very nice tour: in the stretch along the Val Alpisella you can see the springs of the river Adda and you will have to undertake a demanding climb (but within reach) for a difference in height of 500 meters to Lake Livigno (1800 m). Then you will climb up to the Alpisella pass (2290 m) and then to Cancano, with the most open and breathtaking views of the Ortles lakes.

Here you can stop for a break before the powerful return, which begins with the last ascent, that of the Trela Pass (2294 m). Then you descend towards the pastures of Malga Trela (2000mt) and gradually descend to Mount Mottolino, towards Livigno and its lake.

Livigno's mountain has a lot to offer all year round and for all sports, especially mountain biking!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.08s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 10; qc: 53; dbt: 0.0384s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb