Day 58: Lake Garda to Lake Idro


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Lombardy » Idro
May 1st 2011
Published: May 5th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Just a short hop 45kms and three hours down the road and over a lovely mountain pass road full of rivers and waterfalls we came to a lovely little lake called Idro, stopping for a late lunch alongside the lake we spotted a nice little spot down by the lake big enough for the camper, we decided to stop early for the day and kick back a little. This spot was down a little road and right on the edge of the lake with stunning snow capped mountain views, just perfect. Kicking back for a snooze while Pam updated the blog and did some work on her pics and Bree caught up on some home work. It rained a little later in the day but it was a great spot for the night. Cuckoos were everywhere around but not to be seen, you could hear them calling and echoing around the hills. Next morning still in cruise mode the local cops called in and told us we could not camp there and were to move, no problem we told him we would be off by 9.30. We broke the golden rule, you can park but not camp. I had put out the awning chairs and the rest of the stuff so he thought we were camping for weeks, no worries.

The spot is still worth stopping at N 45° 44.11 E 10° 28.13


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.07s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 31; dbt: 0.044s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb