Prada Lunga Sheep and Cabin in Oroville, WA


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Lombardy » Bergamo
October 18th 2013
Published: October 18th 2013
Edit Blog Post

The second day at Rosa Maria and Richard's place in Prada Lunga, we got a close up look at a herd of sheep being moved from their summer grazing fields in the mountain down to the valley. They will graze partially on public ground and partially on land where owners allow them to graze in order to get a free mowing of their land.

When I got home I went directly to our cabin up in the hills above Oroville, WA where Art and his brother hunt. Great way to decompress from travel!


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement

Shepherder with sheepShepherder with sheep
Shepherder with sheep

I'm not good with livestock, but I think that is a donkey or a mule in the center.
Newborns Newborns
Newborns

Look for little white heads poking out of the sacks on the back of the donkey. These ones were born the night before and not able to make the trek on their own. Each one had a mark painted on their face that matched one on the mother so the shepherd could match them back up at the end of the march.
Modern AccommodationsModern Accommodations
Modern Accommodations

There were two shepherds and I guess one of them drove this from place to place for them to stay in. Not sure. It could be just a rig parked near by.
Sheep commandeering the roadwaySheep commandeering the roadway
Sheep commandeering the roadway

I was down below on the walk way and just holding the camera up to catch what ever shot I could.
Bringing up the rearBringing up the rear
Bringing up the rear

The little ones were doing a lot of extra jumping and cavorting while the old ones just plodded along.
Across the roadAcross the road
Across the road

They are headed up a terraced area to feed.
Twin Lamb Twin Lamb
Twin Lamb

He's taking this one and putting it with a goat to be suckled since the mother would only feed one of the twins, and this one wasn't being fed.
Front room of the cabinFront room of the cabin
Front room of the cabin

Note the barrel wood stove. Great stove!
Outdoor ammenitiesOutdoor ammenities
Outdoor ammenities

Note the outhouse not to far away.
Stained glass windowStained glass window
Stained glass window

Photo shot out of one of the ghost town houses at Molson, WA near our place.
Countryside in NE WashingtonCountryside in NE Washington
Countryside in NE Washington

This is an antique piece of farm equipment at Molson. Gives you an idea of the countryside over there.


18th October 2013

I thouroughly enjoyed your trip. Thank you so much for sharing it with me.
20th October 2013

Traveling with Us
Knowing you were checking in on us made the trip way more meaningful. I looked at things through your eyes as well as mine and that expanded my view. Thanks for traveling with us.

Tot: 0.116s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 10; qc: 53; dbt: 0.0572s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb