Eighth Day


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Liguria » Sanremo
October 1st 2013
Published: October 1st 2013
Edit Blog Post

More on ShoesMore on ShoesMore on Shoes

Just so you know, there are normal priced shoes, too.
Anita reminded me it was our eighth day, in other words, we're more than half way through the trip. As the saying goes, "Time flies."

We decided to take a day off today to get rested and ready for our trip to Milano tomorrow. We did muster the energy to go the train station (a dry run for tomorrow's departure) and buy our tickets. On the way back we shopped a bit, went into the central market, bought some snacky food, and sat in the park to eat it. Then we went back to the hotel for a nap.

We got so much energy from our nap that we decided to rent a two-person pedal cart and rode along the bike path. It was harder than it looked.

We ate dinner at a place next to the hotel so we wouldn't have far to walk afterward. Great seafood and a complimentary glass of limoncello.

Heading to bed early so we're rested for the almost 4 hour train ride to Milano tomorrow.


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement

Zucchini TrombettiZucchini Trombetti
Zucchini Trombetti

For all my gardening friends, these are trumpet zucchini. We had some in a pannini--tasted pretty much like regular zucchini, I liked the look of them.
Fish MarketFish Market
Fish Market

There were many fish venders at the market, big variety, but I didn't see any salmon or halibut.
Old Cash RegisterOld Cash Register
Old Cash Register

This was in a store where Anita bought some tea towels.
Bocce BallBocce Ball
Bocce Ball

We saw this while out pedaling along the bike path near the shore
About to ScoreAbout to Score
About to Score

This guy is throwing/rolling the bocce ball to try to get his ball closest to the pallino, the little ball in the middle of the court.
Non tocarli!Non tocarli!
Non tocarli!

That's italian for don't touch. Anita always makes me wait to eat so she can get a photo of it.
Propper Hanging of LaundryPropper Hanging of Laundry
Propper Hanging of Laundry

These people hung out their laundry with colors to coordinate with the building.
Two Grand DammesTwo Grand Dammes
Two Grand Dammes

We think that is French for two fine ladies. If you can't tell, that is us on the pedal cart reflected in a glass gate that we passed.
What I'm Missing at HomeWhat I'm Missing at Home
What I'm Missing at Home

This was taken a couple days ago at the Tilghman's dock across on the other side of Morvro Lake in Alaska.


2nd October 2013

Train Ride
That line is not one I've not been on. Am looking forward to reading about the sights along the way, didn't realize it was a long trip. Many years ago, Charlie and I hiked through some wine towns of the Alba region, we had changed trains at Cuneo. Very small, old cars with real windows and I rode along with my head out the window and hair blowing. I think you go through that area, but am not positive. Did you travel to Milan via Torino?

Tot: 0.111s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0496s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb