Stormy Weather?


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Liguria » Sanremo
September 29th 2013
Published: September 29th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Restaurant where we ate AFTER the trek up hillRestaurant where we ate AFTER the trek up hillRestaurant where we ate AFTER the trek up hill

The owner had a couple scotch terrier and was a dog lover. Note the green water bowl for any dog passing by.
Today we walked up to LA Pigna, the antique part of town, wa-a-ay up on top of the hill above the city. Great view! Of course, we had to eat after that. On the way down we stopped at Il Mulattiere, a restaurant where Anita and Mel had eaten a couple years ago. The owner is big baseball fan and coaches the neighborhood kids to play baseball. He is a personal friend of Alex Liddi who used to play for Seattle but got traded this year to the Orioles. There are a couple of Anita's photos on the wall that she took of the owners on their previous visit.

Today was supposed to be stormy, but we went out anyway. I even took a bike ride along the bike path that runs along the beach. Since it was supposed to be bad weather, I foolishly left my sun glasses and hat at the hotel, and silently cursed at myself for listening to the weather forecasters. What do they know anyway?! Check out the final photo at the bottom to see who knew best.


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

A Choice of PathsA Choice of Paths
A Choice of Paths

We had the choice of a very steep set of stairs or a slightly less steep set. Anita said, "No way I'm going up those!" So, we went to the left.
View from the TopView from the Top
View from the Top

The climb was worth it!
Children's Play EquipmentChildren's Play Equipment
Children's Play Equipment

People live up on this hill, so I guess they need a playground, too. I can't imagine climbing all the way up here just for your kids to use a slide.
Looks Like a Banyan Tree to MeLooks Like a Banyan Tree to Me
Looks Like a Banyan Tree to Me

There were a couple of these up at the top, too. Not sure how they got all the way up there.
Stormy WeatherStormy Weather
Stormy Weather

This photo does not do justice at all to the storm that descended just after I turned in my rental bike and got back in the hotel room. The thunder really rumbles, and rumbles, and... you get the point.


29th September 2013

Weather
Julia; After all the rain we have had this fall, you should be used to it. Looks like you are really having fun.

Tot: 0.141s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 9; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0704s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb