Day 16 - Riomaggiore


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Liguria » Riomaggiore
August 6th 2013
Published: August 6th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Met up with Oliver and family at 1000 and went to walk the via amore, only to find that it and a number of the other walks were closed due to landslides. Decided instead to get the ferry to Monterosso and then maybe walk some of the way back. Ferry trip was lovely but a little rough at times. Raechel, Jana and Roman weren't fans.

It was very hot in Monterosso but it had a bit of a beach except that it was covered in umbrellas and chairs that you had to pay for! We found a bit of space on the public beach and went in. The water was pretty warm but nice, certainly much cooler than the beach. Erin wasn't having a good day and before she came in told us she could see jellyfish in the water. We told her to just get in which she did and was promptly stung by a jellyfish! After getting her out and looked after, we dried off and went and had some lunch which was very nice. We had the local troflie pasta and pesto, some gnocchi and mussels. Mitchell took Erin back to the apartment on the train and we wandered around for a bit. The girls and I decided to train it back and the others were going to walk for a bit. We bought our tickets for the next train, 8 minutes, and promptly waited for an hour! Just before the train arrived the others all arrived. The walk was tough, hot and needed sturdy shoes, so they hadn't gone. The train trip was scenic when it wasn't in a tunnel.

Back in Riomaggiore we agreed to meet for dinner and went back to the apartments. Dad discovered he had been pick-pocketed so he and Raechel spent the afternoon with the Carribaneri and we rang and cancelled what we could. We had another lovely dinner finished with gelati. Farewelled the Gaedeke's and had an early night, hoping not to be woken by the early morning recycling collectors who smash one bottle at a time, or so it seemed!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.052s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0255s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb