Our Adventure Begins


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Liguria » Monterosso al Mare
April 17th 2015
Published: April 17th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Welcome to our blog.

We are having trouble with wi-fi band width, so no photos today. We will add them in the future.

We arrived in Cinque Terre after and long, but thankfully uneventful, day of travel.

We left Chicago on Wednesday morning, and after a nice lunch in New York we hopped on our flight to Milan.

When we at Milan Malpensa International Airport we jumped on the Malpensa Express, a local train that took us into Milan Centrale, one of the largest train terminals in Europe. It is a gigantic marble edifice with 22 platforms, dozens of restaurants and seemingly millions of travelers. Fuzz thought the station looked "like something Hitler would have built," which was not far off ... it was built by Mussolini.

While we waited for our train to Cinque Terre we enjoyed a couple beers ... outside ... in the sun ... at a nice cafe across the street from the station.

Soon we were on the train to Cinque Terre, winding our way south, through Genoa, and then along the coast to Monterosso del Mare, the first of the five Cinque Terre villages.

We rented a beautiful apartment, overlooking the Mediterranean Sea.

Karen and Jeanne sent Mal and Fuzz to the store for provisions ... unsurprisingly they vanished for couple hours before they returned with the groceries ... Karen and Jeanne suspect that maybe ... just maybe ... they had a couple of beers by the sea before they made their way to the grocery. Some things never change.

Anyway, we had some wine and some food, and a good nights sleep.

In the morning, Mal and Karen's grandson, Tyler Stone arrived to join us for a couple of days.

So now we are heading out ... our adventure begins.

Advertisement



17th April 2015

Keep them in check!
Yeah! your first post! I think I would've only expected that from Fuzz and Mal! Give them a little break, they are on the trip of a lifetime! Glad you are there safe and sound, excited to see more pictures and hear more about your amazing trip!!! Saw one pic floating around w/jeanne fuzz karen and mal w/sea behind, jeff make sure to include yourself in some pics too! Have fun!!
18th April 2015

And the adventure begins!
Glad you all made it safe! We saw the picture of you having some wine overlooking the Mediterranean! It looks amazing! I'm guessing the men getting "sidetracked" will be an ongoing routine! P.S. Cassidy says hi and have fun!
20th April 2015

Have a great trip!
Looks like fun. Keep drinking that great wine!

Tot: 0.047s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 10; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0225s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb