Porto Venere to Genoa


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Liguria » Genoa
June 18th 2016
Published: June 19th 2016
Edit Blog Post

We have taken a short detour today, as the wind has drop we were on the first ferry from Porto Venere up the Coast, so we could view the 5 hamlets of the Cinque Terre. As the ferry comes to the first hamlet of Riomaggiore all you can see is rock and cliffs around a small village. Man that is one very skilled Captain, as the ferry is nosed into the jetty and hold in place while people unload and load. Our other port of call was Monterosso where we had a walk around the village brought some local art and listened to what we believe is auditions for “Italy’s got Talent”, some opera competitions been undertaken in a lovely small chapel. The ferry back was meant to stop at Verazza and Manarola but as the winds had picked up again this did not happen. This area has the most breathtaking coast line and the skills of the people that have built these building and terraced the land to farm is outstanding. Once back at Porto Venere we started our travels north to Genoa. This trip today has taken us through many mountain tunnels until we reached the port town of Genoa which we seemed to be navigating well until all the one-way street in the town are going the opposite way to streets on the GPS. More of a problem is our hotel is up a street that is only for Buses. Our car is now a bus – hotel now informs us that this is what we are allowed to do, yes time for a very large drink, Moscow Mules to the rescue.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.099s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 12; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0534s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb