Genova via the western med on the Eurodam.


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Liguria » Genoa
May 8th 2012
Published: May 13th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Interestingly all cruise ships smell the same! Our week on the Eurodam was great, a big luxury liner (not p and o or princess standard, way above). 2000 passengers and 900 crew made it a memorable experience. That and the huge cabin, no noise from cabins near us at all, very quiet. We had a queen size bed, one fold out sofa bed, yes a lounge area and one bunk that was put down at night.

Policy of this cruise line is they let you buy beer and spirits by the bottle as long as you drink in your cabin - which we did most of the time - they also let you take on as much wine and champagne as you want - we just bought a bottle at different ports but some people took on a dozen bottles to start with.

Day 2 - La Spezia.

The Garabaldi certainly gets around as we were to find out over the next week or so, a huge impact on the destiny of Italy and Monaco. La spezia has a huge monument to him. it wasa really vibrant town, great local markets with lots and lots of fresh fish. Transfers from the ship were by tender, we walked the town and made use of admssion to all museums and art galleries, until one old lady started stalking us. I ended up with a head ache and made the most of it by stopping by myself and having a great espresso!

Day 3 - Monaco

The day started with another tender transfer, a cool and slightly rainy Monaco greeted us. Another walkable city. We headed up from the harbour through the coast gradens past the big baby and aqaurium to Princess Graces Burial place, kasey an I snuck in on the end of a tour group to see her grave - which is in the church she was married in. We then went to the Place nad headed down to the race track. All was set up as the old race was on the following weekend and the formula 1 on the end of the month. Walked to the Casi, nowhich sadly is built out now by the farimont hotel.

Back to the ship for swims before heading off to see MI4.


Additional photos below
Photos: 19, Displayed: 19


Advertisement



Tot: 0.186s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0596s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb