When my baby, when my baby smiles at me I go to Rio....maggiore


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Liguria » Cinque Terre
June 22nd 2006
Published: June 22nd 2006
Edit Blog Post

The village where we stayed was called Riomaggiore, in the Cinque Terre, Italy. Basically it comprises of 5 little towns called Riomaggiore, Manarola, Corniglia, Vernazza and Monterossa. These gorgeous little villages are set on cliffs, and on the second day there we decided to walk from Rio to Monterossa. And I realised just how much pizza, pasta and gelati i have been eating! But after sweating buckets and getting dirt encrusted ankles it was all worth it for the stunning views and a delicious swim at the end of it. Other than hiking, the Cinque Terre was very relaxing and we didnt do much else. Rio has a really good vibe about it, we had an awesome little flat where we could cook our own food, and it just happened to be right outside the main bar! So lots of football watching, eating, drinking and lazing on the beach and near the harbour. Bliss.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

Overlooking MonterossaOverlooking Monterossa
Overlooking Monterossa

Cass and I after a steady 45 minute climb up stair after stair. Worth it though!
Views from Monterossa to LevanteViews from Monterossa to Levante
Views from Monterossa to Levante

On the second last day Cass and I hiked to Levante which is a more bustling town, not technically part of the National Park of the Cinque Terre but still a very decent hike!
ManarolaManarola
Manarola

Also the name of a yummy peach cocktail!


26th June 2006

Can't wait...
Hi...we're going to be in Italy in August staying 3 nights in Cinque Terra, your description of it and the nice pics makes me all that more excited on going. DM
27th June 2006

Missing you
Sound like you have an alcoholic story to go with every new place, everything is as it should be!! ;) Make sure you keep the photo's and news comming I almost feel like I'm on holiday too. Missing you heaps make sure your having enough fun/drinks for the two of us!

Tot: 0.323s; Tpl: 0.025s; cc: 14; qc: 53; dbt: 0.0693s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb