Cinque Terra - 2nd Half


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Liguria » Cinque Terre
May 20th 2009
Published: May 21st 2009
Edit Blog Post

We wake up at 8 AM and we’re on the trail by 8:30 AM. We packed a few items food water and camera. As we left Corniglia we stopped and checked on the car. It was still there and enjoying the rest. We continued onto Vernazza. The route took an immediate uphill, oh yea. The estimated hiking time is 2hours, the day had not heated up and we were early enough that not many people were walking. If you ever walk the Cinque Terra do it early in the morning much easier when you don’t have to share the path. It took every bit of the two hours to get to Vernazza. We stopped for 30 minutes and had a snack. The last stretch laid ahead of us and I was so happy. The walk between Corniglia and Vernazza was rough but not as rough between Vernazza and Montrossa Del Mar. I believe this stretch is the most scenic. The path is a narrow and steep as you walk along the cliffs. By this time more people were on the path. we would have to wait turns in spots when it was so narrow to allow one person through at a time. I became very close to some and recommended to other they needed a bath last week. As we were getting close to Montrossa Del Mar I twisted my ankle, Bea wasn’t here so someone had to do it. We sat for a while hoping I hadn’t twisted it too bad, I was lucky, it wasn’t too bad. The thought of a pitcher of beer at the end is what kept us going.

We Made It!!!!!

This is the town that we have always visited but never stayed to walk. It was always too cold and raining. We found a nice café ordered our beer and lunch and watched as others began their journey on the Cinque Terrra.

We’re back at the B&B and I took a 2 hour nap while Kirsten planned tomorrow’s journey. I believe we’re heading to Florence.

Well its dinner time and when we walked through Vernazza we walked past an internet café. Yep you guess it we went there for some appetizer and to update the Blog. Thanks for everyone’s updated and when we find the next Internet café we’ll send some updates.



Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



21st May 2009

Living the life thru you two
I love this. Keep the photos and emails coming.

Tot: 0.046s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0264s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb