Let's Play Lizzie McGuire...Andiamo a Tivoli!


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Lazio » Tivoli
February 17th 2008
Published: March 31st 2008
Edit Blog Post

Friday after lunch, the girls and I set out for a walk around Rome. We found the famous Key Hole and the Orange Garden (two must-see views of Rome). We also visited La Bocca della Verità and Circus Maximus. We ended our day by watching the sunset over Piazza del Popolo…a beautiful sight!

Later Friday evening, Jess, Sam, Bridget, Molly, and I watched to the Lizzie McGuire movie. This inspired us to make travel arrangements for Tivoli. Tivoli (Villa D'Este) is where Lizzie and Paolo run through the fountains holding hands and skipping. Haha...I'm lame. But do watch it. My friends and I made a video of our reenactment of this scene. It was irresistible!

At Tivoli is the Villa D'Este. It is a huge villa that was formerly owned by the D'Este family. It is filled with fountains, and is absolutely gorgeous! Tivoli is right outside of Rome. It was fairly simple to get to. We left on Saturday at 10:00 am, took the metro, a bus, and then headed to explore the villa. Luckily we had wonderful, sunny weather...It was a day full of playing and picture taking!!

On Sunday, we attended mass across the river at a church called Santa Maria in Trastevere. We decided to stop by a famous chocolate store before mass…bad idea- Chocolate is my weak spot! Everything looked so amazing. We did go back after mass to fulfill our chocolate cravings.

Sam, Bridget, Molly, Jessica, and I claimed today to be a day full of eating. For dinner, we traveled across the city to the Hard Rock Cafè. (ie: Hamburger and fries!!) We waited for almost 2 hours! It was well worth the wait though. We got so much food…American food…and it was great!

Bring on Monday!



Additional photos below
Photos: 85, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.066s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0439s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb