The Eternal City


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Lazio » Rome
September 13th 2006
Published: June 29th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Archeological SiteArcheological SiteArcheological Site

such is the amount of historic sites in Rome, that new ancient relics are always being discovered. this site was discovered quite recently. Strangely, its known for the weird amount of cats this place draws... its infested with them.
Geo: 41.8115, 12.6635

now im kinda pushed for time, which is a bit of a tragedy, cos theres SO much to say about this city. first up, its even crazier and socially questionable than venice. theres gypsies, thieves, conmen and beggars everywhere. more importantly though, its astonishingly cultural. arguably the most revered historical city in the world, from the colloseum, to the pantheon, to the roman forum, from ruin to ruin, its overwhelmingly awesome just to appreciate that ure actually there. you cant walk like metres without wanting to take a thousand photos. its expensive here though, and the money is continuously wittling away.. sob. but yeah, i think ive seen about all im going to for my time here, (just came from a monk monastry decorated with thousands of human bones and skeletons) as its almost dinner time. il get photos through when i can and im guarding the camera with my life cos i want to show and share all the sights ive seen with you guys back home, keep up those messages and emails, im just gonna read them now. Ill get back with more info soon!
-Kris 😊


Additional photos below
Photos: 29, Displayed: 22


Advertisement

Colloseum InteriorColloseum Interior
Colloseum Interior

Another shot of the inside of the Colloseum from a side angle. This stadium used to hold over 50000 Romans. Apparently though, its falling into dispair was hastened, by the Removal of many of its materials to build other structures!!
Constantines ArchConstantines Arch
Constantines Arch

This is Constantines Arch just outside the Colloseum, with me standing in front of it.
Dinner in RomeDinner in Rome
Dinner in Rome

Dinner in the sidestreets of Rome. Thats Kerrie and I on the Right, and Angelo and Jess on the left, Angelo typically spoiling the photo.. lol.
Fomtama do TreviFomtama do Trevi
Fomtama do Trevi

This is the Trevi Fountain. Supposedly if you throw a coin over your shoulder into the fountain, you will return to Rome some day. Throw over two, and you will fall in love in Rome. I threw one..
Fountain of the 4 RiversFountain of the 4 Rivers
Fountain of the 4 Rivers

Each of the men around this fountain represents one of the four known major rivers, at the time of construction
Inside the ColloseumInside the Colloseum
Inside the Colloseum

a had a shot of me inside the Coloseum but it looked way to shit, so im omitting it lol. Have a million others though. The Colloseum interior was pretty cool. The whole floor area no longer exists though. I was dissapointed not to be able to explore the underground area.
Inside the Museo di VaticanInside the Museo di Vatican
Inside the Museo di Vatican

One of the cool corridors inside the Vatican museum next to the Sistine Chapel. The roof was really cool, covered in artwork
Inside the Sistine ChapelInside the Sistine Chapel
Inside the Sistine Chapel

This is what it looks like inside the Sistine Chapel... ;)
Kris @ St PetersKris @ St Peters
Kris @ St Peters

This is me standing in front of St Peters Cathedral in Vatican City :)
Kris and the PantheonKris and the Pantheon
Kris and the Pantheon

thats me standing rather uninterestingly in front of the Pantheon.
Kris at Lion MonumentKris at Lion Monument
Kris at Lion Monument

The infamous lion head of truth. Supposedly will bite off the hand of anyone who is false, or lies. Maybe all photos of me suck in Rome because of the heat. It was an absolute scorcher, and we walked around all day..
Main Street of Ancient RomeMain Street of Ancient Rome
Main Street of Ancient Rome

The Via del Fori Imparili. This street was once the heart of Ancient Rome.. between the National Monument/ Roman Forum, and the Colloseum
Maximus CircusMaximus Circus
Maximus Circus

Area just outside the Colloseum where several games were also held, including Chariot Races and jousts.
National MonumentNational Monument
National Monument

Otherwise known as the wedding Cake, this is a shot of the National Monument. unfortunatley its a bit blurry..
Our Roman accomodationOur Roman accomodation
Our Roman accomodation

our room was quite nice in Rome. What wasnt accomodating was the Italian welcome or service..
Pantheon InteriorPantheon Interior
Pantheon Interior

The inside of the Pantheon. This building was absolutely phenomenal. probably equally as impressive as the colloseum. its architecture, and the dome on top of it, really are remarkable.
Porta SanctaPorta Sancta
Porta Sancta

The infamous Porta Sancta (Holy Door) of St Peters, opened by the Pope once every 25 years..
Roman Forum 1Roman Forum 1
Roman Forum 1

Shot of the ruins of the Roman Forum area
Roman Forum 2Roman Forum 2
Roman Forum 2

Amazing just to think this area used to be the thriving heart of the Ancient city of Rome..
Roman RuinsRoman Ruins
Roman Ruins

Ruins of Rome


Tot: 0.21s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 13; qc: 39; dbt: 0.0395s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb