Rome


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Lazio » Rome
September 12th 2014
Published: October 5th 2014
Edit Blog Post

We flew out of Split with budget carrier Veuling. The original plan was to fly to Rome and then hop onto an EasyJet flight to Thessaloniki. However, the Veuling flight was half an hour late, and when we got to Rome there were hundreds of people in the passport 'queue'. 45 mins to get to the head of the line it was evident we were going to miss the flight. It took us a further 20 or so minitues to find our bags. Finally made our way to T2 and found the EasyJet customer service who happily put us onto the next flight for €115! I explianed we had purchased missed flight cover for this very reason. Well a smile ensued and of course the fee was waved. And this was all an extra €10 each ticket when we booked. Very well worth it!

So we were in Rome. We quickly went online, found a hotel near the Collesseum and found an airport transfer. Before we knew it we were eating pizza! Bill had an idea to take a selfie and post it on facebook saying it was Thessaloniki to see who would guess it was in fact the Collesseum. And no one took the bait! Tsk tsk people! So as we only had the evening, we walked around the sights (we did all that our last trip) and went to the famous Spanish steps. The latest rage now was 'selfie sticks'. Tripods that you can put your phone on, face towards yourself and take a selfie. Streets sellers were trying to hock them off everywhere. The next morning I went to the Vatican, with vain hopes in getting to St Peters, however being a Saturday morning the line was huge! I took some happy snaps, went to the Vespa museum near the hotel, and then we were off again, this time to Greece (yes really!)


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.116s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0557s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb