Day 12: Rome


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Lazio » Rome
May 14th 2013
Published: May 14th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Today we headed back to Rome through Pisa. We took some pictures with the leaning tower of Pisa and had a competition to see who had the best one (we didn't win). Then we had our last pitt stop at Autogrill which we have been going to for our road breaks (it is also owned by the Pope), it's kind of like a mini supermarket combined with a place to sit and eat. Today is the last day we see our bus driver Alexandro, as his driving hours are up. He is an amazing driver and has to drive the bus down the narrowest streets in Italy (places you'd be scared to take your car down). He is very funny, speaks very little English and has the best fashion sense I have ever seen a bus driver wear, leather shoes with a scarf and some aviators. He's a bit of a mystery, he's quite shy but apparently has a girlfriend in every city we go to (well that's the rumor anyway). Today we did a quick orientation walk around Rome with our guide Vincenzo, we also threw a coin into the Trevi Fountain. One coin gives you luck for coming back to Rome, two coins means that you will have luck finding your true love and three coins means that you will have some luck in escaping your love (divorce). I had two options so I decided to throw one coin in as I really want to come back to Rome! Anyway tomorrow we get to explore more of Rome including the colosseum!


Additional photos below
Photos: 24, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

RomeRome
Rome

Segway tours!
RomeRome
Rome

Spanish Steps
RomeRome
Rome

Trevi Fountain, Nakita throwing a coin in!
RomeRome
Rome

Pantheon!
RomeRome
Rome

The Four Rivers Fountain. Represents the four greatest rivers in the world. the Ganges, Nile, Rio de la Plata, and Danube Rivers.


Tot: 0.057s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0366s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb