Rome Take 2...


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Lazio » Rome
October 21st 2012
Published: October 21st 2012
Edit Blog Post

Ciao tutti,

Can't belive I've been in Feltre for 3 weeks already! As you all know (well those of you who actually read my blog anyway) last week I went to Rome with my Italian family, the extended family and their au pair from London. Between the two au pairs we had 6 kids between the ages of 2 and 14, actually surprised we didn't lose anyone in the busy streets! I was also surprised that quite a few of them hadn't been to Rome before - surely that's like living in England all your life and never visiting London??!!

We took them on an open top bus tour, then to see all the major sites such as; The Trevi Fountain, The Spanish Steps, the Coliseum (which we had to do twice because it wasn't open the first time we went) and of course everyone's favourite tourist attraction The Hard Rock Cafe! I'll tell you want this was the first time I've ever gone anywhere and been the person with the least luggage, either I'm getting better at 'travelling light' or these people are even worse than me! Not only that but boy can they shop, I was waiting outside Zara for over an hour with the kids all going crazy with boredom. I was glad to be back by the end of it.

On Tuesday afternoon went out for a hot choc and a walk around Feltre town centre with my Polish friend from school, nice to have someone to socialise and study with.

In other news this week the other au pair from London has left, she went back on Friday (less then 2 weeks after she arrived) because her grandad is ill. She said she might come back if he gets better, but I don't think she'll return to be honest because her kids were a bit difficult (as I experienced first hand myself in Rome). Also we have horses now, will post some pics soon!

Anyway I'm going to go we're roasting chestnuts on an open fire - oh yeah Nat King Cole I'm living the dream and it tastes goooooodddddd!!




Baci,




Soph




XxX




Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.058s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0292s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb