Europa Day 47


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Lazio » Rome
June 28th 2012
Published: June 29th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Day 47

Walking, walking, hot and hotter....

Do the shops, pack up papers we have gathered and decide to send those back by snail mail. Warnd that Italian poste is horrendous but we get lucky and move everything in 20 minutes.

Off to the Pantheon to see the light from the hole in the roof at noon (1 pm italian time as it is daylight saving here) to see if it gets anywhere near the middle of the floor. Not as many people today so easier to have a good look around. This time we see lots of different things than before. The marble beside each chapel has a pattern in it - Chris said on looked like Santa - she was right but I am sure the Romans didn't realize this when they built this place.......

On to the Trevi fountain for a last look - same amount of people as before - insane numbers of groups, etc. so we don't spend too much time at the actual fountain - enough for a gelato and a coin again.

Wander a bit more and do some more shopping - thought the idea of sending stuff back by post was to get our weight down....... Never mind, when in Rome.......

We sit and have a beer and toasted sandwich in the shade. Very nice cold beer so all good. Back to the hotel and start the re-packing exercise. Oh dear, what, where, how. Eventually get that organized and start get ready for our dinner date - the restaurant that the hotel has recommended.

Get there for a 1930 dinner so we can get back to the Piazza Navonna to watch the Italy Germany soccer semi final and see how the crowd reacts. A bit boring actually as Italy already has 2 goals early. Decide to move to a restaurant that is nearer our hotel where they had lots of people for the last Italian game. Good choice - the place is buzzing. A drink and a few chances foritaly and the crowd is electric. One big dude gets up and yells at the TV because he didn't agree with a decision - more what we expected from an Italian crowd.

Silence, Germany gets a penalty goal with 5 minutes to go. Very nervous crowd now. Finally the whistle goes to end the game and the place erupts. I reckon the women were worse than the men but lots of cheering, whistles and horns and cuddles and kisses.

Off to bed for our last night in Rome.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.354s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 46; dbt: 0.1077s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb