The Invisible Hills of Rome


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Lazio » Rome
February 27th 2012
Published: February 27th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Urbs septacollis. There is no city in the world where love and murder, fear and pride, insanity and genius, truths and legends coexist for centuries in such peaceful harmony that it is impossible to think of one being separate from the other. The ruler of the ancient world, the home of a stunning and incomparable architecture, the beginning and the end of all roads.


Rome, the eternal city with architecture so grandiose and inconceivable that literally left me speechless. The city that brought so many mixed emotions. Admiration, contempt, love, hate, happiness, sorrow... Rome, the leading character of numerous tales, movies, songs, paintings; artistically overexploited yet so poorly described.




For me, the words that best describe this magnificent city come from the mind of the great Italian artist Giotto: "Rome is the city of echoes, the city of illusions, and the city of yearning."




So, if you ever come to Rome, the city where history whispers to all of us, just listen with your heart open and follow the enchanting tunes of glory and pride.


Additional photos below
Photos: 38, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



Tot: 0.09s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 6; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0532s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb