Day 47 to 49 ROME a wonderful surprise!


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Lazio » Rome
June 18th 2011
Published: June 26th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Day 47 to 49 ROME a wonderful surprise!
We had planned to meet my sister Viv in Rome, but boy did we have a surprise when she brought Megan with her! It was so lovely to see them both. They also brought us great gifts of DVDs and curry sauces!! They were only here for a fleeting visit of 2 nights and bravely agreed to camp with us in a site just outside Rome.
We travelled into Rome by train and caught a bus tour, first stop Colosseum. Although busy it was a great site, as you can see by the pictures. (Is that the 3 vestal virgins on the pillars ?!!). Back on the bus we got sunburnt as we travelled around the Rome sites. Off at the Spanish steps and a walking tour to the Trevi fountain, Pantheon and Piazza Navona. We eventually stopped and sampled the cuisine, at the lively piazza before taking our weary guests back to camp.
A more restful next day was called for so it was swimming and sunbathing at the site pool in the morning and a trip to the beach at Lido di Ostia in the afternoon. The beach was very busy, but we swam and sunbathed while the local pedlars tried to sell us everything from baked sweet corn, to bikinis and even cocktails!! All too soon it was time to drop our guests back to the airport, which Kim valiantly negotiated, and managed not to get us towed away!!



Additional photos below
Photos: 17, Displayed: 17


Advertisement



29th June 2011

rome
what a lovely surprise to see megan, you all look great.x

Tot: 0.161s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 16; qc: 58; dbt: 0.0996s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb