Mare (Day 79)


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Lazio » Rome
July 28th 2010
Published: July 28th 2010
Edit Blog Post

vespavespavespa

pink vespa
Matteo woke up both me and Philip (another CSer from Frankfurt) after returning from work around 8:30am today. Quickly got up and organized and hopped on the metro out to the beach. Bout an hours journey and still only a euro. Not bad. Have no idea how Matteo had the energy to do this after work but he seemed full of life ha. The beach was pretty nice. I of course did not go in the water. Just layed out, read, listened to music and enjoyed a few beers brought by the guys who wander the beach selling all types of junk. I love how they continue trying to pester you into buying cheap sun glasses when you have a pair on already. Was a nice relaxing day. Perfect for me and my sore feet after a long long day walking all over Rome the day before.

Walked around the old Jewish ghetto for a while after getting back to the city. Was pleasantly surprised to see the place was doing well. Did not realize the extent of the Jewish population here. Saw a few nice old synagogues and a bunch of places that have Roman Jewish cuisine which I hear is quite good. Wasn't hungry though but perhaps for lunch tomorrow. It's a pretty cool neighborhood and I'm glad he took us over there. Was well worth it.

Had a nice relaxing evening back at the place chilling out with Philip and Matteo. We were all pretty burned out after the beach. Literally. My legs and chest are pretty damn red ha. Oh I forgot to mention how many people were laying out nude at the beach today. Actually, many didn't even lie down. So many old naked Italian men wearing nothing but sunglasses stood on the shore staring out to sea as if they were peering out over their empire. I liked how they followed the unwritten rule that you must be over 50 and overweight to be nude at a beach. Glad to see we are still keeping that rule alive.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

beachbeach
beach

drink it in
thongthong
thong

no comment
red bullred bull
red bull

matteo mixing drinks on the bus ha
kosherkosher
kosher

in the old jewish ghetto neighborhood


Tot: 0.052s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0339s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb