Roma, City of Love.


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Lazio » Rome
September 16th 2008
Published: September 16th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Ceilings.....Ceilings.....Ceilings.....

I'll never complain about painting a ceiling again (lui)
The train trip to Rome was 2 1/2 hour long, and uneventful. The change of pace here is not subtle. Sort of slaps you in the face. They drink too much coffee or something. We are glad we arrived on a Sunday afternoon & not Monday morning. We found our hotel and then set out on foot to locate the starting point of Monday's 1/2 day Vatican tour. An hour & a half later we had it sussed. Not bad for first time in Roma we thought. We did stop for a couple of photos along the way....
Monday morning had us walking only four km to the start of our tour (since we didn't take any wrong turns this time). We were SOOOOO pleased to have prebooked a tour, because the queue for the unbooked punters stretched down the road, around the corner and up the street. Over a kilometre.
We can't show you all the photos, there are too many. We can't tell you the details of the halls, rooms, chambers, chapels, there are too many ( & we forgot more than we remembered) We can't tell you about the squillion of statues, frescos, tapestries and artifacts, there are
Mosaic floors...Mosaic floors...Mosaic floors...

I'll never complain about tiling a floor again. (lui)
too many. We'll show you the photos when we get home if you're interested. We were surprised that we were able to take photos in most places, but not the Sistine Chapel itself.
St Peter's Basilica was amazing. Remember the comment from the Assisi blog? This one out does it hands down. Unfortunately Il Papa was in France or somewhere else so we didn't get to have a yarn. Maybe next visit ?
It was 4 hours well spent.




Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

Halls....Halls....
Halls....

what can i say ?? (halls full of people is what)


Tot: 0.074s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0483s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb