Rome Wasn't Built in a Day - But We Saw it in Less Than 1!


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Lazio » Rome
August 10th 2008
Published: August 14th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Priority #1 - Food, Glorious Food!
With such a short time back in Italia, we knew what our stomachs craved and we were on a mission to deliver.

First stop: A tiny, gourmet Pizzeria on the outskirts of town. Dave held a 'treasure map' of sorts in his hot little hands, drawn by a random Canadian we met in Munich. Propelled by the promise of 'the world's most delicious pizza', we arrived at sunset to strike gold. Dave's eyes were as wide as dinner plates, attempting to choose a mere two flavours from within the pearly gates of 'Pizza Heaven'.
Toppings such as; Buffalo Mozzarella, lushious green tomatoes, the freshest of fresh basil, Zucchini flowers...........Bring it on!

Second Stop: Gelateria's galore. No explanation needed. Homemade banana and Bailey's for Pen. Lemon gelati and coconut for Dave.

Third Stop: The nearest Supermercato to stock up on 4 boxes of Pen's all time favourite breakfast treat: Dark Chocolate All-Bran, for the long fibre-free road through Asia.

The remains of the day were packed with the usual classic Roman sites (Trevi Fountain, Colosseum, etc), a night in one of the worst hostels to date (Dave was bitten by Bedbugs on the bottom bunk - Sucker!), and an early morning flight to Scandinavia.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.103s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0286s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb