pax romano


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Lazio » Rome
May 24th 2008
Published: May 24th 2008
Edit Blog Post

I had a bit of a surley night of drinking, and saying good bye to my new little irish buddy, rob. he's headed to naples first, so ill get the low-down on the town from him. Today i started off where i left off the day before. I walked all of what is considered the city centre. saw the pantheon, which was pretty amazing. parliment was nice, and the castel san angelo was really neat. i walk up the river and wandered into some kind of horse festival. i remember the smell mostly.PU! climbed up the hill at pincio and found a great vista of the vatican. i was at one point only 4 blocks from vatican city, but the plam is to go tomorrow when its free. it would be hard to even guess how many kilometers i walked today, but it was alot.

got some more really good pictures, including one of the light shining into the panteon, which is really neat. im having a really great time just picturing the way this city looked 2000 years ago. i look for spots to sit where you know that piece of marble has been there for 1500 years, and some roman probably sat in the same spot. its nice to feel a connection to a time long ago. im inspired.
ive got one more full day here and then im off again. things are going really well. im happy and know ill carry this trip with me for the rest of my life.

i just typed a whole bunch of stuff and then erased it. damb-it! the long and short of it was that tomorrow im getting up early to go knock the pope's silly hat off and see the sistine chapel. ill just upload photos now.


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement



Tot: 0.258s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0674s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb