Friday 21st in Rome


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Lazio » Rome
September 21st 2018
Published: September 21st 2018
Edit Blog Post

Today we got up late, resting from the fun of the Vatican Museum (lots of walking according to Peggy’s Fitbit). But we made it in time to do a Segway Tour with Gabriel. Starting at the Piazza del Popolo we covered a number of the obelisks in Rome, including St Peters, Piazza Navona, Fontana de Pantheon, Santa Maria Sopra Minerva and others. It was a fun filled ride through the streets of Rome. Gabriel chatted us up as we went (turned our the other couple that was to go on the tour changed their plans), sharing his personal story of Rome and the back stories of the places we travelled through. A most enjoyable morning and early afternoon. John wants a Segway!

For a late lunch we went to Nino’s which is a stones throw from the Spanish Steps but in a different world. It is old world, with regulars and business folks and some tourists. Peggy had fettuccine with black truffle sauce (wow) and John had ravioli with spinach and ricotta. It was a the perfect ending to our tour of old Rome, and it was a gift from the Rotary Club of San Francisco in honor of John’s presidency for 2017-18.

We made our way home and rested before doing a little more exploring and then in for the night as tomorrow we move on to Orvieto. Rome has been most enjoyable despite the downtime Peggy had to take.


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement



Tot: 0.172s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0638s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb