TRAVEL DAY


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Lazio » Rome
May 16th 2018
Published: May 18th 2018
Edit Blog Post

I normally do not make my first entry of a new trip about the travel day. I mean for the most part you are just on an airplane, train, etc. This trip is different because we splurged on Business Class. We could not get the United Direct flight out of Newark to Rome because the cost was more per person than we ended up paying for both of us combined. So instead, we had a short layover in Montreal and flew from there to Rome on Air Canada. Having never flown any class higher than economy plus internationally before, we were not prepared for the experience. The leg to Montreal was uneventful as it only had one class of service and that was economy. It was only 90 minutes so no big deal. Well there was one moment of a brief heart attack when the posted that the plane was delayed by 189 minutes, meaning we would miss our connection to Rome. It turned out to be a mistake on United’s part and we left on time.

When we got to Montreal everything changed. First, it was that fastest we have ever gone through customs. Kiosk’s fore all not just global entry holders as in the U.S. It took less than 10 minutes to be on our way to the connecting flight. We had about 2 hours before the flight left. Our ticket did not have a zone number so I asked the gate agent what zone we were in. Since we were in business class we were in zone 1. Then she proceeded to inform me that we had to go to the Air Canada Lounge since we had a while before we departed. We have never experienced any airline lounge before. It was pretty much over the top. Everything was free and there was more food than you good shake a stick at. We didn’t eat anything since we were getting dinner on the plane. But we did have several drinks and watched the people.

When it was time for us to bored we headed back to our gate and boarded the plane. 180 seats and private pods. Jerry and I where on a side with only 1 row so even more privacy. It was the best flight to Europe ever. Seats were very comfortable, served a 5-course meal (real food) Jerry had a perfectly cooked medium rare beef tenderloin, how you do that on a plane is beyond me. I had a very good duck legs in a red wine sauce. The drinks were flowing and the food was the best airplane food we ever hard. Unfortunately, even with the comfort it we still didn’t get that much sleep. For me it was mainly because it was just too hot.

We landed in Rome the next morning and the journey begins.

Advertisement



18th May 2018

Nice
Oh to travel in style! Looking forward to reading about your adventures.
19th May 2018

What a way to begin!
So glad that you had an enjoyable beginning. Sounds even better than a first class lounge!!! Those chairs look very comfy on the plane I hope this is a great omen of your trip! Enjoy

Tot: 0.046s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0297s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb