Nice to Rome


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Lazio » Rome
November 13th 2017
Published: November 15th 2017
Edit Blog Post

All packed up....just small bags but still have to get it right for the plane...

Out at midday, tram to centre (Gare Thiers) and made our way to the bus stop for the Aeroport bus 99....every half hour from the train station at 6€ ea. Half hour trip with only 2 stops... oops make that 3...we got off at the wrong terminal and had to make our way over to the other (free shuttle). We were early so our plane terminal had not been acknowledged by the airline untill we had actually arrived. I'm not sure why they do this when the airlines work from he same area all the time....may be security.

So with our packed lunch we sat and waited in the lovely Nice airport. 16.45 flight. The security at the airport was the best we have witnessed throughout the whole trip... double, triple scans of paperwork at each point. Brian had a bag check....so everything came out and then had to be repacked...

Vueling is a Spanish airline pronounced 'welling'.... we thought it was french. Easy 1 hour flight to Rome arriving in the dark. Our 'Terravision' bus ticket already sorted earlier and the bus was about to leave...no queue. 1 hour drive into the Termini Stazione then straight off and grabbed our luggage that was last on, so first off. Around the corner to the trusty 'Tabacci' for our week bus/tram/metro tickets. Onto the tram no. 5 and all the way out to Mirti again. Tram was absolutely full...end of work day for some....Italy never sleeps...
Met our host...and thanked our lucky stars it wasn't raining as we were earlier than arranged. Diego arrived on his scooter and greeted us so kindly. They kind of just pull up on their scooters and start talking before they've even parked it and turned it off and just glide off their bike without looking as if they'd done it a million times before....(which they probably have). I am amazed how they drive and talk on their mobiles at the same time, the phone jammed up into their helmets so it's all hands free....but can you imagine the loud noise of the scooter so they have to shout.....it's really funny to watch... they all do it..
We were pleased to find the heating was already on as it was 8degrees outside.

Advertisement



16th November 2017
Nice airport

Long Trousers?
On Holiday? Wimp :)

Tot: 0.255s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0825s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb