Sunny day at the ruins of Ostia Antica


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Lazio » Ostia Antica
February 21st 2009
Published: February 22nd 2009
Edit Blog Post

Laura and I posing as StatuesLaura and I posing as StatuesLaura and I posing as Statues

We have a picture just like this one two years ago in Pompeii
Today was a really nice day. It was around 55 or so out today so we decided to get out and see the sites. Laura, Jordan, and I decided to go to this ancient town called Ostia Antica about 30 minutes by train towards the coast of Italy.

Ostia Antica was the port city of Rome. First used to defend the city from invaders and then for commercial purposes, Ostia Antica played an important role in Ancient Rome. After the fall of Rome and the change in direction of the Tiber River, Ostia Antica was abandoned but well preserved due to it being covered in mud.

This archeological site is equal or greater in size then the famous city of Pompeii and therefore have some pictures to share with you all.




Additional photos below
Photos: 17, Displayed: 17


Advertisement

Group ShotGroup Shot
Group Shot

Me, Laura, Jordan


22nd February 2009

Group trip
It seems you had it all to yourselves.......one of my favorites is you and Laura on the pillars again ...... your photos are really professional, you are an artist with the lense....wish we were there........love the Street and the Bridge...Laura in the Theater too, may I have enlargements for our home, and the Me in a well...find any coins in there?

Tot: 0.105s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0669s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb