26th July Lago di Bracciano


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Lazio » Bracciano
July 28th 2015
Published: July 28th 2015
Edit Blog Post

We had a leisurely start to the day, used the washing machine & did bits & bobs & after lunch cycled a few km to the nearest town of Trevignano Romano on the banks of the lake. It was lovely as the town stretched along the lakeside & there was a promenade, 2/3 devoted to canvas covered cafes & tables served by the restaurants across the road & 1/3 path which we were able to cycle on. It was full again, mainly of Italians having noisy Sunday lunch. Further on it became a beach side by the lake with people squeezed in everywhere sunbathing, swimming, windsurfing etc. We stopped for a welcome ice cream in the heat. Headed back via a 15thcentury church..which was locked, on a Sunday...it was hardly a centre of vandalism surely?

Anyway, home for a lovely tea of grilled Italian sausages, watching other people smelling the smoky aroma enviously! Ha! This camp site is full of lovely, friendly Dutch people – just threw that in.





We were going to spend longer in Italy on the way home but the roads are just so appalling that it takes the pleasure out of any journey away from a motorway. So rather than go up the mainly non-motorway east coast route we decided to go the slightly longer way via Florence on mostly motorway. Cathy found a site south of Florence to break the journey to Massa on the coast so we set the Dyson ready for the morning & wondered why a site in the middle of Italy should be the most expensive we had stayed in (46 Euros!)& hoped it wasn't full...


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.276s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0828s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb