Dealing with the Italian Post Office


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Friuli-Venezia Giulia
April 24th 2009
Published: May 31st 2009
Edit Blog Post

With our apartment in Grenoble now booked, we need to send a postal order to the owner to hold the reservation. As well, Joshua left his red sketchbook of ideas (not unlike da Vinci's) in Florence and we need to send money to cover the mailing of it. The mission of the morning is therefore postal orders.

The post office in Flaibano has only one person working there and there always seems to be a line up. After some waiting, we reach the head of the line it it takes no less than 20 minutes for all the forms and officialdom that is connected with sending postal orders here to be completed, by which point a large line up has build up behind us. We were glad to be out of there.

We had lunch at the farm again before Giovanin drove us to Evy's cousin Franca, who lives near Udine. Franca has a quite amazing house just on the outskirts of town. Benjamin and Joshua entertain themselves playing hangman, while Evy and Franca caught up on each others news. Later we took a tour of the house before Evy's Uncle Giovanin came to pick us up again.

Shortly after 5, Evy's cousin Stefano picked us up from where were are staying and took us to his house for dinner. At Stefano's house, we met his daughters Giada, 11 and Marta who is 17. Joshua and Giada had fun playing soccer outside and playing with the dog and the tortoise before we all sat down to dinner.

Stefano had mentioned a DVD that he had of the Simpson's, dubbed into Friulano. It was quite funny and easy enough to follow as we had seen the same episode in English.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.15s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 8; qc: 50; dbt: 0.1012s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb